David P. Nelson is SVP, Major Transactions Counsel for Commonwealth Commercial Services. In this role, David underwrites and conducts closings in all phases of sophisticated complex commercial real estate transactions. He has worked on dozens of major complex transactions including acquisition, financing and commercial sales of several mixed use projects located in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area, consisting of office, residential, hotel and retail components. David routinely works on major local and national multi-site transactions on behalf of buyer/borrowers and sellers with properties located throughout the United States. David’s wealth of experience also includes underwriting title for large construction loans and the District’s Tenant Opportunity to Purchase act.
I always work to find solutions for our clients and assist in successful resolutions of the problems we uncover. I have yet to face a complex commercial transaction that our team could not handle with a competent and timely resolution.
David began his career with The Company in 1986 with Lawyers Title, predecessor to Fidelity National Title and subsequently, Commonwealth Land Title. He has presented seminars on real estate oriented topics before title companies and law firm real estate sections.
David received his undergraduate degree from the University of Arkansas and his Juris Doctor from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. He is a member of the Arkansas and Virginia State Bar Associations.
- Acquisition, construction and development of all phases of a 42 acre urban mixed-use waterfront redevelopment project on the Anacostia within Washington D.C. in the heart of the Capitol Riverfront
- $5.5 Billion acquisition of approximately 50 office buildings located throughout DC, MD, VA and Washington State
- $2.7 Billion refinance of 26 office buildings
- $434.5 Million credit line facility secured by 17 office, commercial and mixed-use properties located in 7 states
- $1.05 Billion financing of 255-site portfolio of industrial and agricultural properties throughout the United States
- $178 Million acquisition including construction and development loan for a-230,000 Square foot office building located on Capitol Hill
- Acquisition and construction financing for an office park located in Anne Arundel County, Maryland
- Acquisition and financing of a retail center located in Montgomery County, Maryland
- Construction and development financing for a mixed-use development located on two city blocks in Arlington County, Virginia